Monday, October 26, 2009

13 months & what do you get? Another day older & a tooth



What fun we have been having these past couple weeks. Gracie has been able to spend time with friends, family and the good old folks. With me traveling last week and preparing for the trip, we all know why I am behind on the blog. Where do I start?



The first weekend away from Gracie was hard. Adam and I did enjoy our time together in Breck knowing Gracie has having a great time with the Peters. We also enjoyed some time up at the farm again because the Sanderson household was fighting a bug. No one seemed to mind and we were able to even visit with them. I think the fun time they had in the crib helped her to sleep better that night. Gracie and I were going to cheer on the Rams at homecoming, but the ladies decided to skip the freezing temps for the warm inside!



Next was our friend Graham's 1st birthday party. The most exciting part for Gracie were the "balthoons" She is just adorable when she says balloons, and yes that is her largest and favorite word to say.




This weekend, after I was away during the week, we had a fun time at a family festival that was free. The weather was perfect and Gracie got to play in a house of leaves. We are getting ready for Halloween this weekend where she is planning on being a Monkey without a tail. I am too cheap to buy a $5 tail or make one. We will all survive. She is still cute!



Updates:



  • As of about Oct 12, Gracie had decided that she would rather walk. She still continues to learn, though she is determined to get to where she wants to go.


  • She will now answer questions or what she thinks are questions with "ah-uh" Even if you ask her if she wants to be a lizard, that is her answer.


  • Her favorite place to be is outside or "out" as she says.


  • The least favorite place is getting into the car seat. She has moved-up to the larger size now, and boy is it fun to buy 3 car seats, thank goodness for friends and sales!


  • The phone is her favorite toy and any time I am on a phone she says dada and thinks that is who I am talking with. Today she even bumped her head, saw the phone, and wanted me to call daddy and let him know what happened. She calmed right down when she heard his voice. What a wonderful bond.

  • Her tooth continues to pop through and I wonder how quickly her other ones are coming in.


  • These veggie straws from Costco have to have some addictive ingredient because she wants them all the time. It is amazing!! They do work week at distracting her during church though.

Hope you have enjoyed the photos.

No comments: